- 1 750ml bottle JCarver Wheat Whiskey
- 1 750ml bottle Heirloom Pineapple Amaro
- 1 200ml bottle Angostura Bitters
- 1 bag Minnesota Ice Rocks
Step 1: make the simple syrup
To make simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar (demerara if possible, white cane sugar otherwise) in a small saucepan, heat gently and stir to dissolve. Let cool. Reserve 45ml (1.5oz) for recipe below. Store remaining in the refrigerator.
Step 2: assemble the batch
In a large container combine;
- 750ml JCarver Wheat Whiskey
- 90ml (3oz) Pineapple Amaro
- 45ml (1.5oz) simple syrup
- 150ml (5oz) water
Stir the above to combine, and place back into the whiskey bottle (you’ll have extra, which you can store in a mason jar or other glass container). Refrigerate until cold.
Step 3: make a cocktail
Place one Minnesota Ice rock in your favorite lowball glass. Add 2 dashes Angostura bitters. Top with 3 to 4 ounces of the batched cocktail. Garnish with a grapefruit twist. The batch will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.